free website stats program Village Drinking: Night 11: Alibi, Kenny's Castaways, Madame X

Village Drinking

Monday, February 27, 2006

Night 11: Alibi, Kenny's Castaways, Madame X

I met Twittybird and we decided to check if there were any bars I had missed on the streets I thought I had finished. Walking down MacDougal I noticed Alibi which I must have missed before on Night 4. This bar had a nice decor, though it was empty on this Monday night. My $6 vodka tonic was pretty good, and the music and bartender were pretty good too. The main problem with with place is its wanting to be cooler than it is. Without the attitude it would be a nice space to grab a drink.

Next we went to Kenny's Castaways, which I had skipped before because of the cover, but tonight, and this hour was no charge. This is a pretty interesting place, nice decor and a good setup for seeing bands, but not for dancing. My $5 vodka tonic was good, but the bartender was not overly attentive nor good eye candy. The blues band that was playing when we came in we really liked, but we left when the next band came on, so I guess it's a little hit or miss.

Finally, we ended up at Madame X. Again a bar I had skipped because it has a cover on Fridays and Saturdays. This is a great bar. Great lounge/bordello feel in the back. The crowd, on a quiet monday night is couples getting ready to make out. I hear on the weekends it's more of a pick up scene. The bartenders are nice, the music is good, and my $6 vodka tonic was fine. This is one of the cooler bars in the neighboorhood without any of the riffraff that finds its way into the Bleeker St. bars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home