free website stats program Village Drinking: Night 5: Horus Lounge, Askew, L'Angolo, XR Bar

Village Drinking

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Night 5: Horus Lounge, Askew, L'Angolo, XR Bar

Orbital and I set out to do some drinking. Our first stop was the Horus Lounge on Laguardia. This is a hookah bar cross night club that is actually a pretty decent place for a drink. The crowd was pretty good looking as was the staff, my $6 vodka tonic was a little weak, but when Orbital knocked it over with his hand, the bartender poured me a brand new one on his own inituitive. All in all a pleasant place to have a drink and checkout the crowd.

Next we went into Askew also on Lagaurdia. Askew had a strange vibe, not really sure of what it wants to be, but it only opened a couple months ago, so in time it may develop more of a crowd. Part of the problem though is the resturaunt look of the place not really creating much of a bar or lounge feel, though they did have a dj spinning vinyl. They have a drink menu of interesting drinks, the bartender didn't know how to make a raunchy girl scount cookie so I got a grasshopper instead and Orbital got an average vodka tonic for $6. This place didn't impress us, but I'd be willing to give it a second chance since it is very new.

L'Angolo on Houston was our next stop. This bar has a nice cozy feel with lots of couches, I particularly like it in the summer when the walls are opened up and you can sit on the couch with a drink and watch people walk by. However, my $7 vodka tonic was weak and I was not very impressed by the crowd. The music was good listening music, which I like in a lounge. This is a good place to take someone to who you are hoping to kiss later on in the evening.

Lastly, we came to the XR bar also on Houston. This place has a decent set up, a nice long bar and some seats in the back, but not great. My $6 vodka tonic was weak, but the bartender was so hot she could have poured me a glass of tonic and I wouldn't have complained. The music was decent as was the crowd, but the bartender made everyone else look bad by comparison, so you hardly even noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home